Sunday, June 10, 2012

Buboni, Lost In The Woods, parts 228 - 231

Richard Britell June 10, 2012

228.  Buboni's last blog post was a quote from Dante's Inferno, Canto I:
Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost.
Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say
What was this forest savage, rough, and stern,
Which in the very thought renews the fear.
So bitter is it, death is little more;


229. I read Buboni's blog post of the quote from Dante and I felt at last I understood something about these art types I had been traveling with. Buboni was not "Lost in a wood," and neither was Dante. The woods were just a metaphor for how they felt about their lives.


230. Apparently metaphor, for these artistic types, was very important. As a matter of fact, for them reality was just a metaphor for things already in their heads, and all metaphors for them, were a reality.


231. I kept what I know about Buboni to myself, and did not even share it with the Duck, although I was tempted. I thought to myself, "I too am lost in a wood, but I have no intention of talking about it to anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment