Friday, June 29, 2012

Chapter 7, The 2CV On Strike, parts 304 - 307

Richard Britell June 29, 2012


304. But before I can tell you what happened to the old man at the hospital I have to get him there first, and I ran into problems right away. First I did not know the way and promptly got lost by making a wrong turn.



305. Also my old car, the 2CV which was always so reliable picked that critical moment to develop a knocking sound in the engine.


306. Out in the middle of nowhere, on a road that was not even paved, I pulled the car over and opened the hood.


307. My worst fear was being low on oil, and sure enough when I pulled out the dipstick there was not a drop of oil on it. Imagine my distress. I simply could not drive the car with a knocking sound and no oil, but meanwhile Buboni was dying in the front seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment