Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 72 - 75



72. Finally, twenty years later, the shepherdess also disappeared. It was then that I was finally forced to question my Mother about the figurines. She said:


73. After you broke the plaster shepherd, I did not know what to do. I really wanted to throw the shepherdess out also but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.
  

74. The two figures were a wedding gift from your Aunt Lucille, and I have always hated them. Aunt Lucille, and Uncle Carmen’s living room is full of hundreds of those things on little stands shelves and tables, and I can hardly stand to go over there because of it.


 
75. But your father insisted, and so I put them on the window ledge by the front door, where if they stopped by unexpectedly, like they always did back then, they would see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment