Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 92 - 95



92. Perhaps that explains my predicament, having set out to make a confession, I keep finding ways to avoid it. I could go back and begin again, but before I do, I have just a few more things to say about the Captain, and his sculpture.


93. A discussion of the Captain’s wonderful sculpture now became a regular part of our Saturday afternoon sculpture class at the museum.


94. I am not going to say I was jealous of all the attention Mrs. Festini was giving to her star pupil, but certainly something bothered me about the situation.


95. First of all, I have to say that I very much disliked his model of some deer with antlers standing majestically on the top of a hill and looking over his shoulder. I have no words that can convey my aversion for the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment