Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 84 - 87


84. I am very tempted to begin talking about the significance of a person awarding some object they despise a prominent place in their home for an entire lifetime simply out of a sense of obligation.


85. It would be easy to see in this situation a microcosm of a great many events and actions that might dissolve down to this simple explanation.


86. It could be offered as the justification for going to a certain college, or choosing an occupation, it could be the basis of a marriage. But I had better not begin to expound on this idea and here is why.


87. I set out many days ago to tell you the story of my first exhibition, and how that exhibition ruined my life, made me bankrupt, and destroyed my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment