Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 88 - 91

88. I got hardly two sentences into that story when, for some unknown reason, I began to tell you about the policemen and their sculptures.


89. From there I began to tell you about the Captain’s sculpture, and after that I began this account of the figurines in my mother’s house that I destroyed as I child.


90. It seems I am hardly likely to finish any one of these little stories, and why, do you suppose I am wandering off like this, it must be that I am trying to avoid my first stated purpose.


91. Thinking back on it now, I recall the first words of this story which were, “Why is it, I ask you, that a moment comes when we are suddenly overcome by this desire to tell our friends an account of something that has happened to us in the past, in an effort to illustrate just how stupid and naive we have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment