Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 124 - 127


124. It is true that copies can confuse some people who do not look at things carefully, but the truth is, we cannot deny or avoid our own unique individuality no matter how much we might try.


125. Take for example the sculpture that the policeman, the Captain, is making in our class; it is simply a careful copy of that casting you see in all the knick-knack shops.


126. So Agnes already knew that the Captain’s sculpture was a copy and she thought nothing of it. That was shocking to me, but at least I was no longer tempted to mention it.


 127. These various arguments of my sculpture teacher about why it was just fine to copy things other people did, made no impression on me, and I actually began to feel frustrated with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment