Friday, May 20, 2016

The Captain's Sculpture, parts 184 - 187


 
184. I got lost in Detroit. I expected the trip to take three hours, but I was driving around for about six hours, and when I got to the parking lot of the museum my teeth were chattering, and I was unable to keep myself from shaking.


185. Then I had to get the thing out of the back of the truck. I do not know how much it weighed, but it was like trying to pick up a piece of sidewalk from a city street.


186. Most of my sculpture that I made in plaster was very light, but I had become annoyed with the lightness of my things. I thought, “If I cast it in Styrofoam it would look exactly the same, but nobody would take it seriously, including myself."


 
187. At the building supply store where I was buying my plaster of paris, the man there suggested I add sand to my plaster. He said it would make it have more of a stone like finish, and make it stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment