Monday, August 6, 2012

Childhood Of The Art Historian, parts 456 - 459

Richard Britell

456. What you are saying reminds me of something that happened with my wife. Whenever we were going to go out to dinner she would ask me if I liked this or that earrings she was going to wear, and I would never know what to say.



457. Whatever earrings my wife happened to have on I would say, "Those look good," hoping she would stop asking for my opinion. But like as not she would be dissatisfied and try on another pair.


458. One time my wife put on her favorite green earrings and we went out to dinner. We were having dinner with her friend Marsha that I told you about and a man named Philip who made custom furniture.



459. About half way through dinner my wife went to the bathroom and when she sat back down again Philip yells out so the entire restaurant can hear him, "Oh my God, I just LOVE those blue earrings." Apparently my wife had a different set of earrings in her bag and decided to change them while she was in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment