Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bluto, parts 3308 - 3311

 3308. What happened to Bluto and Jason was never even explained, but by the end of the week Bluto had a new truck and a new job. I  say new but the job was not exactly a job, and the truck was an old 1947 panel van that had been a bread delivery truck.  Bluto’s new job was hauling junk to the dump from peoples attics and basements; he was self employed. He had an ad in the classifieds in the paper.


 3309. I didn’t know that I  was going to be spending a lot of time in the coming months in that old truck working as  Bluto’s assistant cleaning out attics and basements. It was a part time position that couldn’t have come at a more opportune time as I  was about to be fired from my regular job. My regular job was a paper route.


 3310.  I  had been delivering papers for over a year. I  took over an evening paper route of one hundred and twenty costumers from a boy that had moved and at first I  was very excited about it.  It took me about two hours each day and all day Saturday I  had to collect the money.


3311.  Gradually, I can’t say why, I  began to lose interest in my business enterprise. I  set out with my bag of papers later and later, and each day I  would find some new distraction to take up my time until I  was hours late delivering my last costumers. Then the competition, being the boys with routes bordering mine, began to convert my costumers to their routes, and I  began to lose two or three costumers a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment