Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Otis The Wolf, parts 1102 - 1105



1102. I thought that Buboni was going too far and if we didn't stop him he would go on and on so I thought I had better change the subject while I had the chance, so while he searched his mind for the best phrase adequate to condemn all of the art of the 20th Century I said, "That's just fine Buboni, but I am curious to know more about Otis the wolf The Duck had started to tell us about."


1103.  "I had started telling you about Otis the Wolf, and now, if we can set aside trivial things like the interstate highways and the Lincoln Tunnel, the Baths of Caracalla and ballistic missiles, I would like to tell you about something really important, a story about a boy and his dog which occurred 1014 years ago in either April of May, I am not sure which," said the Duck.


1104. "My story begins in the far North in the  town of X, in the Provence of Y, in the land of Z. Now that you have the coordinates of the place it makes it easier for you to make a mental picture of what I am about to tell you."



1105.  You remember that the wolves fled from Rome but that is beside the point. I want to tell you about specifically about Otis the wolf; his story should help convince Buboni of the superiority of animal intelligence, compared to that of people. Otis, however, was not very superior, on the contrary he was considered a reject in his wolf-pack. It was not that he was a runt of a litter, it was just that he was not a very good looking wolf by wolf standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment