Friday, July 4, 2014

Bluto, parts 3344 - 3347

 3344. The truck was facing up hill; that same uphill in front of Mrs. Sweet’s apartment. I mention that the truck was parked there like that for a reason. It was parked like that for the same reason that there was a pile of blankets in the back of the truck.


 3345. The next 60 seconds are forever etched in my memory. I was wondering where Jason was and if we were leaving without him. I started to ask about it but I only said the word “Why...” when Bluto put the truck in gear and let out the clutch.


 3346. Truck lurched up the hill in spurts and I  fell over backwards so fast that I didn’t even realize that I was falling. It was more like I was looking out the window, and the next second I was looking at the ceiling of the truck.


3347. Just after seeing the roof of the truck go by, I was puzzled to see my feet pass by over my head, on their way to the back of the truck. The next second I was plastered against the back door of the truck. The soda box I had been sitting on was not attached to the floor, and even if it had been I still would have fallen over backwards like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment