Friday, February 6, 2015

Otis Escapes, parts 4203 - 4206

  4203. Otis, overlooking the danger of his position, had placed his O in the center of the bottom row. For the sake of any of my readers who can’t visualize the appearance of the board in this pivotal game, I have drawn them out for you to see, and placed them above these texts; please have a careful look at them.


 4204. Before I go on, I would like to point out that I have been narrating this long series of stories, a series that now amounts to 4206 paragraphs, and never in all this time have I ever placed an image above a text that had an obvious relationship to the text.


 4205. This is the first time, and this should indicate the importance I place on the reader having a complete understanding of the import of what I am about to say about this tic-tac-toe game, and the birds, (important, at least to me.)


4206. It is true that sometimes the illustrations I use seem to have a vague relationship to the text, but I assure you, it is only a coincidence. I strive, as much as possible to have the illustrations I use be as irrelevant as possible, and consider them to be simply a form of meaningless decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment